How Old Do You Have To Be To Legally Operate A Boat in Georgia?

In Woodstock, GA, the agents of Peter Laczko Insurance Inc. offer several different types of insurance for vehicles and watercraft. Each agent is available to help you understand the rules and regulations that pertain to legally operating a boat or other type of personal watercraft on the state’s waterways. Just like operating a motor vehicle, there are rules of the water that must be followed.

Legal Age

In the state of Georgia, a person must be at least 16 years of age to legally operate a boat or any other type of personal watercraft throughout the state of Georgia. INdividuals between 12 and 15 may also legally operate a watercraft if they have applied for and received a valid boating license. For younger operators, it is strongly recommended that they complete a safe driving boating course that teaches the basics of water safety. 

Proper Identification

Another requirement is that whoever is operating the boat must have a valid driver’s license or other forms of identification. If the person is between the ages of 12 and 15, their valid boating license will serve as their identification. Even adults who operate any type of personal watercraft must have in their possession a valid form of identification with them at all times.

The agents of Peter Laczko Insurance Inc. are always on hand to answer questions about your boating insurance policy. If you live in the Woodstock, GA area, call and talk to one of the agents today. They will be able to provide you with the answers you need and will make sure you have the coverage you need to protect yourself and your family.

Types of Motorcycle Insurance and Which Ones You May Need

When you first buy a motorcycle, the last thing on your mind is getting into an accident.  However, in order to cruise down the highway with the peace of mind that you’re adequately covered, you need to understand what your insurance requirements and options are. Your representative at Peter Laczko Insurance Inc. can walk you through the details of the different types of insurance. Here’s some information to get you started, so you can get your bike on the road in Woodstock, GA.

Required Insurance

Like most states, GA requires you to carry insurance for bodily injury and personal property damage in an accident you cause. However, there are many additional coverage types that you may benefit from. 

Optional Coverages

When shopping for motorcycle insurance in Woodstock GA, consider that liability insurance doesn’t cover you, your bike or your passenger. Here are the types of insurance that you might need, depending on your personal situation.

  • Collision insurance pays for repairs to your bike if it’s damaged in an accident.
  • Comprehensive coverage pays for repairs to your motorcycle in case of vandalism, theft, fire, or other natural disasters.
  • Medical payments cover your injuries after an accident.
  • Towing and labor cover you if you’re stranded when your motorcycle breaks down. It provides emergency roadside assistance or towing.
  • The uninsured/Underinsured motorist pays for damage and injury caused by an underinsured or uninsured motorist. It protects you if you are in an accident caused by an uninsured motorist.

Contact Us

Contact Peter Laczko Insurance Inc. for more information on purchasing motorcycle insurance or to set up an appointment for a free quote for your motorcycle in Woodstock, GA.


Why Should You Have More than the Minimum Car Insurance Coverage?

Getting the minimum car insurance required in Peoria, AZ may save you money on your monthly payments, but it could hurt you in the long run if you do get in a car accident.

The minimum coverage may not provide enough protection in the event of an accident, because many accidents surpass the minimum limits. In Peoria, AZ, the minimum limits are $30,000 total per accident for bodily injury coverage and $10,000 per accident for property damage. If you have significant assets, you will be on the hook for any additional costs that are not covered by the minimum insurance. You could even be required to pay these damages out of your future paychecks, which is why it makes sense to have more that the minimum level of coverage. The best rule of thumb is to be covered for an amount that is the total value of your assets, which includes the vale of your home, car, and savings.

Not only could you be on the hook for more money, especially if you cause the accident, you also won’t have any insurance to help pay for your car. Collision coverage is the type of insurance that will pay for damages to your car, and Arizona does not require that you have this coverage. If your car is damaged by some event other than an accident, or if it’s stolen, you won’t have comprehensive coverage to help pay for those costs either. If you are leasing or have payments to make on your car you may be required by the lending company to have both collision and comprehensive, but the state will not require it. An agent at Schaller & Thomas Family Insurance can help increase your insurance limits, depending on your risk

Contact Schaller & Thomas Family Insurance to get a quote on car insurance.